You will be placed in the waiting room initially, please be patient.
Phone: (312) 626 6799
Meeting ID: 824 3854 1089
- Sunday Night Prayer – 5:00 PM.
- Friday Meetup – Hybrid @ 6:00 PM.
(10) “Bring the full tenth into the storehouse so that there may be food in my house. Test me in this way,” says the LORD of Armies. “See if I will not open the floodgates of heaven and pour out a blessing for you without measure. (11) “I will rebuke the devourer for you, so that it will not ruin the produce of your land and your vine in your field will not fail to produce fruit,” says the LORD of Armies.
– Malachi 3:10-11 CSB
Lord, I am ready to enter into my spiritual destiny during the coming year. Thank you for your promise to go before me, leading, instructing, protecting, and guiding.
3 Practices to Move Us Forward in 2021
- Daily Reading of the Bible
- Topical Study of the Bible
- Schools of Ministry to bring growth and maturity.
Writing the Word on Your Heart – Part 1
Learn from Me
(28) “Come to me, all of you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. (29) “Take up my yoke and learn from me, because I am lowly and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. (30) “For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”
– Matthew 11:28-30 CSB.
There are those who struggle in their Christian walk. And there are others who seem to have tapped into something else. Something that allows them to rise above circumstances and obstacles and walk in the peace and joy of the kingdom of God.
What is it that makes the difference?
(1) And you were dead in your trespasses and sins (2) in which you previously lived according to the ways of this world, according to the ruler of the power of the air, the spirit now working in the disobedient. (3) We too all previously lived among them in our fleshly desires, carrying out the inclinations of our flesh and thoughts, and we were by nature children under wrath as the others were also.
– Ephesians 2:1-3 CSB
We were all born into a sinful nature. It is a nature that is contrary to the things of God. It is influenced by our environment, culture, education, and situations we encounter. These shape what we believe, which in turn drives our behavior. It creates the lenses that we look through as we see the world around us. It affects how we approach everything we sense. What we hear, see, touch, smell, and taste.
In the US we think nothing of raising beef cattle as a food source. In other places in the world, cows are considered sacred. To us, it may seem right to kill them for the delicious steaks and hamburgers they provide. But where they are held sacred, it would seem so wrong and unacceptable.
Everything we do is based on what we believe. Before we came to Jesus some of our beliefs were based on lies. The truth of the world shifts and changes. But Jesus, who is the truth does not change. We move from belief in the carnal nature of the flesh to the unchanging truth of God that is absolute.
The Natural Mind
(6) Start a youth out on his way; even when he grows old he will not depart from it.
– Proverbs 22:6 CSB
There are things we learned and were taught as children that become part of our nature. Today some would call it “my truth”, but that does not mean that it is truth. It is based on our experience and understanding of the world around us. And we react to these things regardless of whether they are based on truth or not.
Look at social media. In the last year, there has been a massive amount of misinformation. Millions have reacted to the lies…
What things were you taught growing up that you still hold on to? What things have you left behind? Has your understanding of these things shifted as you have gained wisdom, knowledge, and understanding?
Our beliefs become written on our hearts. They function not as a conscious decision, but rather by nature. The results we see is that our beliefs drive our behavior.
We see this in the culture. The godless proclaim the religion of evolution. That we evolved over time from the ocean. There is a crisis of identity for many, a loss of value because they do not know the truth.
Because of this loss of the value of a life, abortion abounds. Depression and suicide increases.
Humanity was created in God’s image. Each human has great value in the eyes of God. If only people understood the truth that each life has worth to God.
Be Spiritually Minded
Many of us have experienced a change in our nature. It comes about by the new birth that Jesus said must happen to us. It becomes natural for us to praise the Lord or quote Scripture. Why does this happen? Our belief system is getting reprogrammed.
(5) For those who live according to the flesh have their minds set on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit have their minds set on the things of the Spirit. (6) Now the mind-set of the flesh is death, but the mind-set of the Spirit is life and peace. (7) The mind-set of the flesh is hostile to God because it does not submit to God’s law. Indeed, it is unable to do so. (8) Those who are in the flesh cannot please God.
– Romans 8:5-8 CSB
It Takes a Transformation
When we are born again, we come to God with a belief system that was based on our carnal nature. This is a nature that is in opposition to the structure of God’s kingdom.
A process then begins to take place where the heart and mind begin to take on the new nature.
(2) Do not be conformed to this age, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may discern what is the good, pleasing, and perfect will of God.
– Romans 12:2 CSB
We are being transformed from the old carnal nature to the new spiritual nature. Many of us come to God with a deep embedded belief system. Because of this we continue to act from our old nature. The process of transformation moves us from unbelief to belief in every area of life. But we must decide to let this transformation take place.
(18) “But what comes out of the mouth comes from the heart, and this defiles a person.
– Matthew 15:18 CSB
We can tell from the fruit of our lives what is in our hearts. The older you are the more embedded your beliefs. This is why 95% of the people who give their lives to Jesus, do it before age 25 (North America). The older the person the harder it is to give up their old beliefs for new ones. This is not because it can’t be done. It has to do with their “want to”. The older we are the more unwilling we are to change.
God wants to renew our hearts and minds. He does this by writing the Word of God on our hearts. As this process takes place, we start acting on this new word, this new nature.
This Word must move from information to revelation. From the soul to the heart, from the mind to the spirit. As this occurs, we increasingly act from God’s nature. Instead of wanting to sin, we want to please God. Because of this, we choose to walk in His ways.
The more we read the Word of God the more we see the things that are displeasing to Him. Because of this conflict between the Word and our own desires we have the opportunity to confess sin, repent, and allow God to change us to the point where His desires become our desires.
How much do you desire what God wants for your life?