You will be placed in the waiting room initially, please be patient.
Phone: (312) 626 6799
Meeting ID: 824 3854 1089
- Sunday Night Prayer – 5:00 PM.
- Friday Meetup – Hybrid @ 6:00 PM.
(10) “Bring the full tenth into the storehouse so that there may be food in my house. Test me in this way,” says the LORD of Armies. “See if I will not open the floodgates of heaven and pour out a blessing for you without measure. (11) “I will rebuke the devourer for you, so that it will not ruin the produce of your land and your vine in your field will not fail to produce fruit,” says the LORD of Armies.
– Malachi 3:10-11 CSB
Writing the Word on Your Heart – Part 2
Part 1 Recap
- Learn from Me – Walk with Me – Learn My ways – Matthew 11:28-30
- Belief Systems
- The Natural Mind
- Be Spiritually Minded
- It Takes a Transformation
The Holy Spirit Gives Us Revelation
We have been set free from the control of our sinful nature. So why is it hard to change?
The answer is this, our identity and beliefs were formed from our carnal nature. We see it in our habits. We see it in our behavior. It is driven by what we believe.
The closer we get to God the easier it is to change. The more we know Him, the more we want to please Him.
The Holy Spirit translates and transcribes God’s Word on our hearts. As this process takes place it becomes easier to obey God’s Word.
(9) But as it is written, What no eye has seen, no ear has heard, and no human heart has conceived — God has prepared these things for those who love him. (10) Now God has revealed these things to us by the Spirit, since the Spirit searches everything, even the depths of God. (11) For who knows a person’s thoughts except his spirit within him? In the same way, no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God. (12) Now we have not received the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who comes from God, so that we may understand what has been freely given to us by God. (13) We also speak these things, not in words taught by human wisdom, but in those taught by the Spirit, explaining spiritual things to spiritual people. (14) But the person without the Spirit does not receive what comes from God’s Spirit, because it is foolishness to him; he is not able to understand it since it is evaluated spiritually. (15) The spiritual person, however, can evaluate everything, and yet he himself cannot be evaluated by anyone. (16) For who has known the Lord’s mind, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.
– 1 Corinthians 2:9-16 CSB
We Become Family
God’s ways are not man’s ways. God’s nature and human nature do not blend. The natural man cannot understand spiritual truths without the Spirit of God because the things of God are foreign to them.
(18) For through Him we both have access in one Spirit to the Father. (19) So then you are no longer foreigners and strangers, but fellow citizens with the saints, and members of God’s household,
– Ephesians 2:18-19 CSB
That is the beauty of being born again. There has been a change in us. We have been moved out from the kingdom of darkness and into the kingdom of the Son He loves (Col 1:13). We are citizens with the saints and live in the kingdom of God, NOW!
We are also part of God’s family. A family of servant missionaries who are to do the will and the work of God. This is not something that you can do on your own.
You can know every scripture (the devil does). You can quote many verses, but that is not what makes you born again. Your natural mind is unable to understand the things of God unless the Holy Spirit reveals it.
Faith Must Arise
Without this understanding, faith cannot be released. And as Scripture tells us it is impossible to please God without faith (Heb 11:6).
(8) On the contrary, what does it say? The message is near you, in your mouth and in your heart. This is the message of faith that we proclaim: (9) If you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. (10) One believes with the heart, resultingin righteousness, and one confesses with the mouth, resulting in salvation.
– Romans 10:8-10 CSB
You can come to the altar and pray and still not be born again. The intellect or natural understanding is not what produces the new birth. It must be through the Holy Spirit.
We have to be willing to discard and get rid of our old belief system. The things that separate us from being filled with the Word of God and the Spirit of God must go. Which life do you want to live? Your old life or your new life in Christ. You must decide.
We must get to the place where the Word of God is so alive in us that it transforms us and sets us free.
The Word Sets Us Free
(8) On the contrary, what does it say? The message is near you, in your mouth and in your heart. This is the message of faith (32) “You will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”
– John 8:32 CSB
God’s Word sets us free. Jesus has sent the Holy Spirit to not only be with us but in us (John 14:16-17). He is the Counselor who gives us revelation and teaches us all things (John 14:26, 15:26, 16:7). He testifies about Jesus Christ.
The Word Is Written On Our Hearts
(33) “Instead, this is the covenant I will make with the house of Israel after those days” – the LORD’s declaration. “I will put my teaching within them and write it on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people.
– Jeremiah 31:33 CSB
God writes His word on the hearts of His people.
He gives us a new heart and causes us to follow His statutes.
(26) “I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; I will remove your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. (27) “I will place my Spirit within you and cause you to follow my statutes and carefully observe my ordinances.
– Ezekiel 36:26-27 CSB
God will cause us to obey His commands. He puts His word into our new hearts.
We do not have the power to obey God in and of ourselves. If we did, then Jesus wouldn’t have had to come. The law would have been enough.
(3) What the law could not do since it was weakened by the flesh, God did. He condemned sin in the flesh by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh as a sin offering, (4) in order that the law’s requirement would be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.
– Romans 8:3-4 CSB
There Is Power In The Word
(20) He sent his word and healed them; he rescued them from the Pit.
– Psalm 107:20 CSB
The power is in the word to fulfill it. God is not waiting on you. God says He will do it, with or without us.
(11) “so my word that comes from my mouth will not return to me empty, but it will accomplish what I please and will prosper in what I send it to do.”
– Isaiah 55:11 CSB
God never gives a command without giving everything necessary to fulfill it. He sends His word, He sends faith, He sends His Spirit and Power to accomplish what He pleases.
What is your part? Surrender to the Lord and become a vessel for the Masters use.
(20) Now in a large house there are not only gold and silver vessels, but also those of wood and clay; some for honorable use and some for dishonorable. (21) So if anyone purifies himself from anything dishonorable, he will be a special instrument, set apart, useful to the Master, prepared for every good work.
– 2 Timothy 2:20-21 CSB
How many of you want to be used by the Master? Are you ready to empty yourself and allow Him to fill you? I would invite you to enter the Secret Place with the Lord right now. Be obedient to Him right now and talk to the Father.