You will be placed in the waiting room initially, please be patient.
Phone: (312) 626 6799
Meeting ID: 824 3854 1089
- Sunday Night Prayer – 5:00 PM.
- Thursday Night – Open Table – 5:00 PM.
- Friday Meetup – Hybrid @ 6:00 PM.
(10) “Bring the full tenth into the storehouse so that there may be food in my house. Test me in this way,” says the LORD of Armies. “See if I will not open the floodgates of heaven and pour out a blessing for you without measure. (11) “I will rebuke the devourer for you, so that it will not ruin the produce of your land and your vine in your field will not fail to produce fruit,” says the LORD of Armies.
– Malachi 3:10-11 CSB
Your Grace Still Amazes Me
Obedience to God’s Word
Shema – Hear and Obey
Are you deceived? What a question, huh? But it is a question that the Apostle James infers as he writes believers. He encourages all of us to be doers of God’s word and not hearers only.
(22) But be doers of the word and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves. (23) Because if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like someone looking at his own face in a mirror. (24) For he looks at himself, goes away, and immediately forgets what kind of person he was. (25) But the one who looks intently into the perfect law of freedom and perseveres in it, and is not a forgetful hearer but a doer who works – this person will be blessed in what he does.
– James 1:22-25 CSB
To be a hearer and not a doer is like a man seeing his face in a mirror, but he immediately forgets what he saw. In other words, the word of God has no effect on those who just read it or hear it. If we don’t take it to heart and act on it, it won’t change us. People who do this hear it, forget it and move on.
But, if we act on the Word it is beneficial to us. We hold on to it and press into it. It changes us and brings God’s blessing.
Search for the Truth
The Bereans were like this. They heard the message from Paul and Silas and received the message with eagerness.
(11) The people here were of more noble character than those in Thessalonica, since they received the word with eagerness and examined the Scriptures daily to see if these things were so.
– Acts 17:11 CSB
They did more than just hear the message. They searched the Scriptures to see if this message lined up with God’s word and was true. They weren’t passive about it. They examined it daily to be sure.
Live the Truth
Knowing what Jesus has said and what God has instructed leads us to a decision. Will we believe what He has said or will we ignore it? If we believe it, will we live it.
(46) “Why do you call me ‘Lord, Lord,’ and don’t do the things I say? (47) “I will show you what someone is like who comes to me, hears my words, and acts on them: (48) “He is like a man building a house, who dug deep and laid the foundation on the rock. When the flood came, the river crashed against that house and couldn’t shake it, because it was well built. (49) “But the one who hears and does not act is like a man who built a house on the ground without a foundation. The river crashed against it, and immediately it collapsed. And the destruction of that house was great.”
– Luke 6:46-49 CSB
If we believe what Jesus has done and said. If we allow it to be the foundation of our life, we will have a firm foundation. Our lives will be built of the Living Stone, the chief corner stone.
When adversity comes we will be able to stand firm. We will be faithful. God will enable us to overcome.
But if we choose not to do what the Lord has commanded we won’t stand. When adversity comes we will be overcome.
So choose wisely.
Be Set Free by the Truth
(31) Then Jesus said to the Jews who had believed him, “If you continue in my word, you really are my disciples. (32) “You will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”
– John 8:31-32 CSB
The more we get to know Jesus, the more we obey Him, the more He reveals Himself to us. This causes our love for Him to grow. These truths that God has revealed through His word will take root and produce in us good fruit.
Know the Truth – Know Jesus
(6) Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
– John 14:6 CSB
Jesus is the only way to the Father. He came to save and restore all that was lost in the garden. He Himself has reconciled us to the Father through His own sacrifice.
So, how do we prove that we love Him?
Love the Truth
(21) “The one who has my commands and keeps them is the one who loves me. And the one who loves me will be loved by my Father. I also will love him and will reveal myself to him.” … (23) Jesus answered, “If anyone loves me, he will keep my word. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him. (24) “The one who doesn’t love me will not keep my words. The word that you hear is not mine but is from the Father who sent me.
– John 14:21, 23-24 CSB
The more you give, the more you get…
We prove that we love Him by keeping His commands.
What are the benefits of loving Jesus? We will be loved by the Father. The Godhead will come to us and make their home with us. We will be one with the God of signs, wonders, and miracles.
When this happens to us, nothing will be impossible. Greater works will manifest.
Where do we begin? What are the commands of Christ?
Receive the Spirit of Truth
(22) After saying this, he breathed on them and said, “Receive the Holy Spirit.
– John 20:22 CSB