Countdown to Meetup
First time using zoom? It will ask you to download the zoom app.
Phone in: 1-312-626-6799
Meeting ID: 318-485-688
Raise hand – *9
Mute/unmute – *6
Welcome to Thursday Night Online
Welcome to our second Meetup on Thursday Night. I’m following a similar format to what we used last week.
Feel free to post in the comments on how this is working for you or ideas you might have for improvement below. Comments have to be approved to actually show up in the post so, I won’t post them unless it makes sense to do so for the group.
Song - Gone - Elevation Worship
Matthew 5:22 (CSB)
22 But I tell you, everyone who is angry with his brother or sister will be subject to judgment. Whoever insults his brother or sister, will be subject to the court. Whoever says, ‘You fool!’ will be subject to hellfire.
Read and Journal – 1 Thessalonians 1-2
Pick 1-3 sections of scripture that get your attention. In other words, what do you notice as you read the text, i.e. certain words, phrases, images, persons, the storyline?
Uncover what God is telling you through His word.
- Read each of the sections you chose 2-3 times (maybe in different versions).
- What is the passage about?
- What do you learn about God? What has He done?
- What do you learn about people? Yourself?
- How are you going to obey this passage (“I will…”)?
- Who is a Person of Peace (POP) God is putting on your heart to share this with?
- What do you need from God to move forward with what you have learned (i.e. repentance, boldness, forgiveness, provision, guidance, etc.)? Ask in prayer…
Please fill out the form below with your prayer requests so we can pray about them during our meeting together. Or, if you want, you can type your prayer requests in the chat area during the meeting.
See you there!